Top 20 Coffee Maker Buying Guide
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- ESPRESSO MACHINE WITH GRIND SIZE DIAL: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you're grinding
- ESPRESSO MAKER WITH BUILT-IN COFFEE GRINDER: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home barista to grind directly into the espresso portafilter for the perfect espresso
- INCLUDED ACCESSORIES: Razor Dose Trimming Tool, 54mm Stainless Steel Portafilter, 1 & 2 cup Single & Dual Wall Filter Baskets, Coffee Scoop, Integrated Tamper, Stainless Steel Milk Jug, Cleaning Disc, Tablets, Brush Tool & Allen Key, Water Filter & Filter Holder
- CAPACITY & SETTINGS: 1 by 2 lb Bean Hopper; 67 oz Water Tank; Single or double shots; Adjustable grind amount and Manual override
- WARRANTY: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty; Power: 1600 Watts; Voltage: 120 Volts
- Classic or Rich, each brew is flavorful and never bitter with custom brew strengths
- Hotter brewing technology: Advanced boiler for a perfectly hot cup of coffee
- Wake up to hot coffee. 24-hour programmable delay brew allows you to prepare your brew up to a day in advance
- Keep coffee fresh and flavorful up to 4 hours with the adjustable warming plate
- Conveniently carry the 60-oz. removable water reservoir to your sink for easy filling. Dishwasher-safe parts: Yes
- Material type: Plastic
- Included Components: Permanent Filter
- Programmable timer allows you to set brew time up to 24 hours in Advance
- 2 Hour shut off automatically powers Coffee maker down so you don't have to
- Water window on reservoir for accurate filling; 900 watts programmable Coffee maker
- Grab a cup auto Pause stops cycle if you need a cup before brewing is finished
- Includes 12 Cup, Dishwasher Safe Glass Carafe.Audible Ready Signal Lets You Know When Your Coffee Is Ready
- Programmable clock/timer allows you to easily set your coffeemaker up to 24 hours in advance to brew hot coffee at a specific time
- Brewing Pause n' Serve feature lets you pour a cup of coffee while still brewing
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5 inches wide, perfect for small spaces
- YOUR PERFECT AMOUNT: Brew any cup size between 6-12oz with Keurig K-Cup pods
- ONE CUP RESERVOIR: Just add fresh water for each brew
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Coffee made in minutes
- CORD STORAGE: For easy transport and tidy countertops
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7.0 inches tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Auto off feature turns off your coffee maker 90 seconds after your last brew, helping to save energy
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately)
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Mini single serve coffee maker
- MATTE FINISH: Sleek simplicity meets modern style the K-Mini coffee maker is available in a variety of matte-finish colors
- 12-Cup* Thermal Carafe - The large capacity carafe is double-walled and vacuum-sealed to keep your coffee at optimal drinking temperature for hours
- Customizable Brewing Options - Drink your favorite coffee every morning using features like the brew strength selector and the option for small-batch (1-4 cup*) brewing that maintains all the flavor of a full brew
- Evenstream Showerhead - The Evenstream Showerhead dispenses water evenly over the packed coffee, extracting maximum flavor and wasting less
- No-Drip Perfect Pour Spout - Don’t put up with annoying spills, the carafe spout is designed to prevent spills and drips while pouring
- Wide-Mouth Carafe Opening - The carafe is designed with a wide opening for fast, easy cleanup with a damp towel. The washable brew basket can easily be removed and washed after brewing, and is top rack dishwasher safe
- Note Cup equals approximately 5 oz (varies by brewing technique)
- 3-WAYS TO BREW: Brew up to 12 cups with ground coffee on the carafe side or use dual purpose single serving to brew a pod or ground coffee on the other. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options
- SINGLE-CUP COFFEE MAKER: Brew a cup with a K-Cup, pod, another pod brand, or ground coffee. The included pod holder and single-serve grounds basket easily handle both options and the cup rest removes so you can brew into a tall travel mug
- BREW A FULL POT OF COFFEE: This programmable coffee maker has Easy-Touch programming for wake-up ready coffee. After brewing, coffee stays warm for 2 hours and the power automatically shuts off. Auto Pause & Pour lets you pour a cup as coffee brews
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR BREW STRENGTH: Control how strong you want your coffee with Select-a-Brew: regular and bold brewing options
- 2 SEPARATE EASY-FILL WATER RESERVOIRS: Each brewing side on this Hamilton Beach coffee maker has its own water reservoir that’s easy to fill and features a water window, so you always know exactly how much water to add
- Brews coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty and iced beverages
- Any size from 6oz - 12 ounce
- Removable reservoir
- Cord storage for a better fit on counter
- Keurig's smallest brewer, portable design goes anywhere
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: Just insert any K-Cup pod and use the button controls to brew delicious coffee, or make hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.
- LARGE 60oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy.
- SMART START: Your coffee maker heats, then brews in one simple process. No need to wait for it to heat before selecting your cup size.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Programmable auto off feature automatically turns your brewer off 2 hours after the last brew for energy savings.
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.2” tall and is top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleanup.
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE MY K-CUP UNIVERSAL REUSABLE COFFEE FILTER: Brew your own ground coffee (sold separately).
- BREWER MAINTENANCE REMINDER: Alerts you when it is time to descale your coffee maker. Descaling is an important process that removes built-up calcium deposits, ensuring the best-tasting brew possible.
- HIGH ALTITUDE SETTING: Ensures your coffee maker works properly at altitudes >5,000 feet.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: Keurig K-Cafe coffee, latte, and cappuccino maker, and dishwasher safe frother.
- Perfect Coffee Every Time: This pump-free coffee maker heats water to the correct temperature for coffee extraction
- Brew-Volume Selector switch for brewing half or full carafes
- Easy to Use: The Moccamaster brews a full 40 oz pot of coffee in 4-6 minutes using one switch
- Quiet and Safe: The Moccamaster Select quietly brews your coffee and automatically turns off after 100 minutes
- Delicious Coffee and Peace of Mind: Moccamaster coffee brewers have a 5-year warranty
- SCA CERTIFIED - Experience a barista-quality cup of coffee right from your own counter with this stylish, SCA Certified coffee maker that has been rigorously tested to ensure your coffee is consistently delicious
- WIFI ENABLED - Adorn your kitchen with this beautifully designed smart coffee maker that can be controlled with the SmartHQ app, Alexa, and Google Home. Voice-to-Brew controls deliver a conveniently connected perfect cup, every time
- 10 CUP BREW - Whether your brewing 1 cup or a whole pot, you can customize every cup to your personal taste with this advanced, 10-cup coffee maker that stores your favorite settings for number of cups, temperature and brew strength
- CUSTOM BREW STRENGTH - Enjoy the perfect, balanced cup of coffee exactly the way you like it courtesy of four unique brewing modes: Gold, Light, Medium and Bold. The Gold Cup standard backed by its SCA certification ensures that you have the ideal pour for every taste and roast
- AUTO BREW - Mornings just got easier! When you use the auto brew feature, you can wake up to fresh, hot, perfectly personalized coffee that’s ready just when you programmed it to be
15 Types Of Coffee Makers. Which One Is The Right Coffee Maker For You?
It’s difficult for many of us to fathom starting the day without coffee. Putting on a pot or preparing a cup of coffee is as much a part of a morning routine as brushing your teeth. According to Joe Derochowski, the NPD Group’s Home Industry Advisor, the coffee category as a whole has been rising over the past five years, increasing by 5% in the last year alone.
While single serve coffee makers, such as Keurig-brand machines, are the fastest growing subcategory, sales of espresso makers, pour-over coffee makers, and French presses are also on the increase, according to Derochowski.
“Coffee is about taste now,” says Derochowski, explaining why there are so many various methods to prepare coffee – each technique delivers a different flavor, from powerful and forceful cold brew to smooth, creamy French press coffee. However, each style of coffee maker has advantages and disadvantages, ranging from price to convenience to flavor. We understand that people have strong feelings about what type of coffee is best (hey, it’s personal! ), but to help you decipher the mass market of coffee makers, the experts in the Good Housekeeping Institute Kitchen Appliances Lab identify 15 types of coffee makers, how they work, and who they’re best for:
Drip Coffee Maker
Drip coffee machines are a simple and familiar way to prepare coffee. They may make a single cup of coffee or up to 14 cups at a time. For further adaptability, some drip coffee makers have an extra brewing system, such as a hot water dispenser or a single-serve brewer that is compatible with K-cups.
How it works: A reservoir is filled with cold water, and a filter is filled with ground coffee. Water warms up and flows through the beans via what seems to be a shower head. The brewed coffee is then poured into a glass carafe that stands over a hot plate, keeping it warm.
It’s best suited to: Traditionalists, families, and entertaining.
Do you want your coffee to be hot but not burnt? Some people prefer thermal carafes to keep coffee warm without overheating it on a hot plate. Coffee is brewed inside an insulated carafe that is often vacuum sealed, rather than sitting on a heating element. A decent thermal carafe is made to keep coffee hot for several hours.
Coffee Maker with Pour-Over
Pour over brewing is one of the gentler techniques of brewing coffee. Pour-overs can be used to brew a full-bodied cup of coffee in a single mug or a bigger carafe.
How it works: Medium-coarse grinds are put in a funnel with a cone shape and a filter. Hot water is added to the coffee grinds in stages, the first to “bloom” them and the second to thoroughly brew them. The water filters through the grounds and drains into a single cup or carafe, producing a rich, full-bodied cup of coffee.
Who it’s best for: People who enjoy single-cup coffee.
Coffee Maker with a Single-Serve Capsule
Keurig was one of the first companies to offer capsule machines, which revolutionized the way regular drip coffee is prepared: a fresh cup of coffee at the push of a button. Most feature water reservoirs, so you don’t have to fill your coffeemaker with water every time, and they come in a number of shapes, ranging from a single coffee cup size to a wide range that can handle a big to-go cup.
How it works: These machines employ pre-ground and metered pods to create a consistent cup of coffee every time, similar to drip coffee but on a smaller scale. A predetermined amount of hot water is poured directly into your mug through the grounds. Because the filter is in the pod, you don’t have to bother about emptying the grinds – simply discard the pods in the garbage.
Who it’s perfect for: Anyone looking for a quick and easy method to prepare a variety of coffee beverages without having to brew a complete pot.
Coffee Maker with a French Press
To prepare a full-bodied cup of coffee, a French Press gently steeps coffee grinds in just-boiled water. Although four minutes is the suggested length of time, the longer you soak the coffee, the stronger the taste.
How it works: Combine coarse to medium-ground coffee with just-boiled water in a carafe, then cover with a lid to steep. After a few minutes, carefully lower the plunger (which is fitted with a fine-mesh filter) to push the grounds to the bottom of the carafe.
Who it’s perfect for: Coffee connoisseurs who enjoy the flavor of full-bodied coffee or who wish to enhance the flavor of high-quality coffee.
Coffee Maker with AeroPress
On Amazon, this coffee maker has received over 5,000 good ratings. People like how quick and simple it is to clean, especially when compared to French presses, which operate similarly. In addition to espresso and Americanos, the AeroPress can create cold brew coffee by steeping the grounds for one minute rather than 10 seconds.
This is how it works: For each espresso-sized shot, add one rounded tablespoon of finely ground coffee to the base. Heat 170oF water and use it to fill the base to the specified cup marker. Insert the filter into the cap, screw it onto the base, and then set the base on top of a mug. Stir the coffee grounds for 10 seconds before gently pushing water down, through the grounds, into the mug using the supplied plunger.
Who it’s perfect for: People who enjoy strong coffee and want a quick and easy way to prepare one cup at a time.
Cold Brew Coffee
Traditional iced coffee is created by pouring pre-brewed coffee over ice, while the cold brew technique uses no heat, resulting in a rich and full-bodied brew. Cold brew may be made in a variety of methods, including steeping it in a big container.
Cold brew coffee is created by steeping coarsely ground coffee beans in room temperature or cold water overnight. The brewed coffee is then poured into a separate container for serving. It may be kept in the refrigerator for up to 14 days and can be served over ice or as a concentrate to make hot coffee.
Who it’s ideal for: Those who want a richer, deeper, more delicious cup of coffee, either cold or hot.
Espresso Coffee Machine
There are several ways to prepare espresso, which is a sort of coffee drink made with dark roasted beans and a fine grind. It’s more stronger than drip coffee and comes in a smaller cup.
Espresso can be produced manually, semi-automatically, automatically, or super-automatically. They all function by boiling water and forcing it through crushed coffee grounds under high pressure.
Manual machines need manual control of all factors, such as tamping, producing pressure, and water flow. These are ideal for skilled espresso drinkers who are picky about their espresso and like to make it from scratch.
Semi-automatic machines manage the pressure while allowing you to choose how much water to use. These are ideal for coffee enthusiasts who enjoy strong coffee and want to be able to produce both espresso and Americanos.
The pressure and amount of water are controlled by automatic equipment. Some models include built-in coffee grinders. They are ideal for folks who want to prepare simple espresso at home.
All you have to do is pick the sort of espresso drink you want, and the machine will automatically grind the proper number of beans and dispense the drink according to pre-programmed parameters, making them ideal for individuals who prefer press-and-go espresso.
Capsule machines use pods with pre-measured espresso or coffee grounds to prepare espresso and coffee beverages. Most capsule machines need you to pick the size of the drink you want to prepare, while others, such as the Nespresso VirtuoPlus, recognize the barcode on the capsule and automatically produce the exact size. Ideal for those who wish to brew a steady cup of espresso or espresso drink with minimal effort.
Coffee Maker for the Stovetop
A Moka pot is a popular coffee machine that creates a dark brew similar to espresso but does not qualify as espresso since it does not employ the requisite nine bars of pressure, according to the Italian Espresso National Institute. However, it still makes a very black cup of coffee and may be used as a firm basis for cappuccinos and lattes.
How it works: Water is put to the bottom container, and fine ground coffee is placed to the top filter. The heat produces steam, which increases pressure, forcing the water at the bottom to flow through the beans and into the upper chamber.
Who it’s best for: Espresso connoisseurs who want a deep, black cup of coffee.
Coffee Grind and Brew Maker
Some drip coffee machines have a grinder that allows you to ground coffee beans right before brewing. Many people like this method of brewing because it produces the best-tasting coffee.
This is how it works: Choose the amount of coffee you want to brew and watch as the machine grinds the matching number of beans into the brew basket. Some grind and brews, like normal coffee grinders, have blade grinders while some have burr grinders.
Blade grinders use a single blade that chops beans to ground them like a food processor.
Burr grinders are constructed of two hard pieces of material that grind the beans as they pass between them; they allow for more accuracy and uniformity.
It’s best suited to: Grind & brews appeal to drip coffee users who like to grind their own coffee and simplify the procedure.
Turkish Coffee Machine (Ibrik)
Turkish/Greek coffee is prepared on the stove in a small pot. This approach yields extremely strong, unfiltered coffee. Some people like to add sugar or other seasonings, such as cinnamon or cardamom, directly to the pot while it is brewing, which absorbs the taste. It is served in a tiny cup, similar to espresso.
How it works: Water is combined with extremely finely ground coffee until it begins to boil. After that, the coffee is transferred to a cup, where the grounds sink to the bottom.
Who it’s great for: Coffee lovers who want strong coffee that’s quick and simple to prepare.
Some coffee manufacturers package their coffee in tea bags, which may be prepared in the same way as tea is: steeped. Specialty coffee packaged in biodegradable baggies allows you to enjoy a nice, full-bodied cup of coffee while on the go.
This is how it works: The same as a tea bag: Fill a cup halfway with boiling water and add the coffee sachet. Steep for 5 to 6 minutes.
Who it’s perfect for: Frequent travelers and individuals who prioritize convenience over everything else – all you need is hot water to make a cup of coffee.
Coffee Maker in Vietnamese (Phin)
A phin resembles a miniature pour-over. It is composed of metal and employs finely ground beans.
It works by allowing hot water to trickle through small pores on the bottom after it has gone through the grounds. It is normally brewed in a cup with a tiny bit of sweetened condensed milk.
It’s great for: Single-cup coffee consumers who want a robust cup of coffee.
Coffee Maker with Siphon
Because the water is just shy of boiling when it mixes with the grounds, this is a gentle method of preparing coffee. The lower temperature allows the coffee to brew more softly, ensuring that the taste is not over-extracted.
How it works: Water is heated till it turns into vapor, then it is directed upwards into a spherical carafe filled with coffee grinds. When the vapor transforms back into water and interacts with the grounds, it returns to the carafe used to heat the water and creates a vacuum, which enhances the scent and flavor of the coffee.
That it’s ideal for: Coffee enthusiasts who enjoy science and want to maximize the flavor of their coffee in the most sophisticated way possible.
Coffee Maker with Percolator
Long before drip coffee machines, there were percolators. They make tasty coffee with a rich scent. Some are stove-top, while others are electric.
How it works: Hot water flows via a tube, continually saturating coarse coffee grounds on the machine’s top.
Who it’s best for: Those who enjoy a good cup of hot coffee.
Yokuna’s Promise to You
We receive a lot of questions about what products we recommend, especially the products on this page. Questions like:
What is the best Coffee Maker for this year?
What is the best Coffee Maker to buy?
What is the best Coffee Maker to buy on the market?
or even What is the most affordable (most budget friendly, cheapest or even most expensive!!!) Coffee Maker?…
All of these above questions make purchase decisions difficult. We know the feeling because we used to be in this weird situation when searching for these items.
Before deciding to buy anything, make sure you research and read the reviews from trusted sources. Luckily, we use incredibly smart and complicated AI to help find great products. We use our own custom algorithms to generate lists of the best brands and give them our own approval rating to rank from 1st to 20th.
You can see the Coffee Maker above. This list is updated regularly, so you can be sure that the information provided is up-to-date.
You may read more about us to learn how we support this site. Don’t hesitate to contact us if something is incorrect or provides misleading information.
Top 20 Goya Seasoning Buying GuideGoya Foods is the biggest Hispanic-owned food company in the United States and the top provider for genuine Latino cuisine. The Goya tale, founded in...
Top 20 Espresso Coffee Maker Combo Buying Guide Yokuna's Promise to You We receive a lot of questions about what products we recommend, especially the products on this...
Top 20 Drink Stirrer Buying Guide Yokuna's Promise to You We receive a lot of questions about what products we recommend, especially the products on this page. Questions like:What is...
This site receives commission from vendors, should you click through and purchase from one of the vendors we review products for. Yokuna will never give false favorable reviews in exchange for commissions, as we strive to give honest reviews of every product we research. We promise.
In Depth Research
We spend an average of 10 to 20 hours reading reviews from consumers for each kitchen product we review.
Simple & Straight Forward
Each kitchen product reviewed, will have simple pros & cons to save you time in your search.